Electrical Safety Month
Any electrical hazard in your home poses a potentially deadly risk.
Simply because your electrical is working, does not mean that it is working correctly and safely.
In Honor Of Electrical Safety Month This May, APower Electric Service would like to offer:
What electrical hazards are lurking in your home?
Did you know that while most people assume their electrical service is safe, there are potential electrical hazards lurking within most homes?
- Incorrectly installed wiring
- Faulty electrical outlets or switches
- Overloaded circuits
- Outdated wiring
- Electrical systems that do not meet current electrical code
- Fuse boxes or breaker boxes insufficient to handle the home’s electrical system.
What is an electrical home safety evaluation?
An electrical home safety evaluation is an evaluation and safety check of the existing electrical systems in your home. This includes verifying the presence, condition, and safety of the following:
- Electrical panel and sub-panel(s)
- Meter and service mast
- Grounding and bonding
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Surge protection
- GFCI devices and protection
- Random switch and receptacle checks
- Wiring, in your panel and at random outlet or switch locations
Our technicians will verify if these items throughout your home are present or missing, and their general condition when available. They will provide you with a detailed evaluation and a quote for repair or replacement of those items that are not to code or are unsafe.
The electricians at APower Electric Service have years of on the job training and experience with electrical code and safety requirements. The safety of your home and family should not be left to chance, call us today to schedule your electrical home safety evaluation. APower Electric Service 720.364.8616.