The Commercial Electric Service You Contract Can Make or Break Your Business
For most commercial businesses, safe, reliable electrical service is an essential component of their business that is all too often taken for granted. While there are currently no statistics that indicate how much unsafe or unreliable commercial electric service costs businesses each year, the U.S. Department of Energy estimates that power outages in the U.S. cost upwards of $80 billion dollars per year. Roughly 98% of those losses are attributed to commercial businesses. Factor in interruption of electricity, insurance claims and property damage as a result of unsafe or unreliable commercial electric service and the costs are staggering. Bottom line is the commercial electric service your business contracts with can literally make or break it.
The Role of a Commercial Electric Service
A commercial electric service can provide a number of services depending on your needs. A few examples of these services:
- Electrical system design
- Electrical system installation
- Upgrade or expansion of existing electrical service
- Troubleshooting and electric service repair
Almost all commercial businesses will require at least one or more of these services at some point and while it might be tempting for a business owner to try and save money by hiring a standard electrician over a commercial electric service, there are a few significant differences between the two that should be considered.
First and foremost, a standard electrician is typically only one individual capable of conducting standard electrical services, most commonly residential. A commercial electric service in comparison is a contractor owned business or collaboration of experienced commercial electricians. This distinction sets commercial electric services above standard electricians in several aspects, the most notable being:
- Knowledge – Commercial electrical systems and commercial businesses are subject to very specific rules and safety regulations with serious consequences if violated. Unlike standard electricians, commercial electric services are up to date on these regulations, preventing regulation violations that could cost the business significant time and money.
- Experience – Unlike standard electricians, commercial electric services are specifically trained, licensed and experienced in commercial electrical applications.
- Resources – Due to their size, commercial electric services have access to resources that the majority of electricians don’t and are better equipped to handle commercial projects of almost any size.
- Licenses – In some states additional training, certifications or licenses are required to operate as a commercial electric service due to the additional complexity and safety risks associated with commercial electric systems.
At APower, we understand how important it is that your commercial business runs at full efficiency. Specializing in commercial electrical services, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, we offer commercial service contracts to fit the needs of any size commercial business. Don’t trust your commercial electric needs to just anyone, contact APower today experience the commitment, professionalism and customer service that has earned our remarkable reputation.